Monday, May 27, 2013

25th May 2013 - Cat Cat Village and back to Hanoi

Woking up late in the morning at 10+am, we checked out and went out for lunch. After eating, we wanted to explore Sapa and Cat Cat Village seems like the easiest place to trek. So we decided to go for a walk in Cat Cat Village. 

Just some of the scenery shots. Sorry I am not very good in photography, still a learner! :D

Ancient bamboo pathway! To me, the path looks like those ancient Chinese rock road that usually leads to mysterious kung fu temple. Great imagination, isn't it? haha

Little doggie that running down the stoney path! :3 Stone house at the back  somehow reminds about The Shack. 
I have seen this kind of river and waterfall before, but for the sake of travelling, I will just post it again.

Best shot of the day! Everything becomes so pure, genuine localized when a Vietnamese kid was playing bamboo swing with a Vietnam flag on top of it. Perfect combination that well expresses the serenity of a Vietnam village

After the trek, time to say goodbye to Tobin and headed back to Hanoi. I have booked a cheaper train ticket which cost USD$28 instead of USD$38 (the one I got 2 days back). With a difference only of USD$10, I had to sleep with 5 Vietnameses in a same cabin for 9 hours and the sad thing was, none of them speak english. Basically, I never talked for the whole night, only read my book and listened to music. hahahahaha, but, it's a great experience anyway, get to share a cabin with the local. Oh, dinner for that night, only bun with condensed milk, I couldn't find anything else to eat in LaoCai except that. lol

Oh, and I bought myself a little souvenier from Cat Cat Village! 

I always wanted a cheap necklace and it's nowhere to be found in Singapore! So I bought this  in Sapa. It's quite nice isn't it? and of course it is very cheap indeed. I am a happy kid now.
Anyway, just a short shoutout to Tobin  Tobin, if you are reading this, I wanna say that I am very glad to meet you and had a long chat with you, goodluck for your remaining trip and all the best for your future! Keep in touch and probably one day I will find you in Melbourne! Cheers! :D




2 comments:

  1. LoL! I din know u had a blog. Well, it's good that you're blogging down your experiences =)

    It's good to one day look back and read them again seeing what you've done~ haha

    You seem like you'll make a good travel blogger~!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I still have my necklace. Youre welcome in Melbourne anytime of course. Im about to catch the train to Hanoi as well and I went for the cheap option, sounds like i should have paid more:(

    ReplyDelete