Monday, May 27, 2013

26th May 2013 - Hanoi nightlife

Reaching Hanoi at 5:00am in the morning, walking alone on Hanoi's street like a boss, sneaking into a hotel's toilet for a dump, meeting two backpackers, Bas (German) and Kerstin (Austrian), who were drunk and lost on the street, getting a room in Hanoi Backpacker Hostel with them and that's all for my hectic 26th morning.

Empty Hanoi's street at 5am in the morning
Drunkard Bas (left) and Kerstin (right)
After putting my luggage, time to have a little tour in Hanoi. I wanted to visit Ho Chi Minh's dead body so badly so The first I went was Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum. Probably I picked the wrong day (Sunday) to go, there were like thousands of people queuing up to enter the mausoleum. I queued up with the locals, and waited for 1 and a half hour just to for a 15 seconds quick glance on Ho Chi Minh's dead body. Of course I visited his museum too. Is it worth to wait for such a long time just for a glance, I personally think it worth the wait. Sometimes, you just have to be patient and it's heart-warming seeing so many locals who admire this hero so much and willing to give up their weekend just to pay him a visit. Probably this is how unification of people works. :D

The tomb of Ho Chi Minh I suppose since he is not buried until now

Another view of it :D

Security guard spotted outside the tomb
After the trip, headed back to hostel and rest for a while. Apparently I was lucky enough to stay there on Sunday which had a free beer flow starting 3pm. Bas, Kerstin and I went there and we met tons of travelers. I started playing BeerPong with them and it was hell lots of fun. If you are interested in BeerPong, private message me and I will tell you the game rules.

Random guy was explaining the house rule of BeerPong to us
I won for 1 match out of 4, isn't that bad right for a beginner? I have to say playing games is the best way to make friends and I got another 2 friends, Henry and Jake (both English), and we were the best combination for BeerPong I must say. :D

After that, we hang out in another bar, another 2 clubs until 1230am and I headed back to sleep. Oh, I met Ewan and Jack too in the hostel and we were together for the whole night, drinking, playing pool again and talking. Nice meeting Ewan again and this time I managed to take a picture with him.

Sorry for the bad quality; I am still using my lousy 3gs if you have no idea about it
And a portriat or Ewan which I took when I was nearly drunk to end this post. 

See how rude he is! tsk tsk tsk, Sheldon should be well educated!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment